Thursday, March 22, 2012

32 weeks, maternity shoot.

One of the perks of having a photographer for a mom is that I didn't have to spend a dime on my maternity photo shoot. One of the downsides to have a 6-year-old is that she doesn't like to cooperate in photo shoots. It was a hectic day to say the least. The weather was beautiful but we had several days of rain over the last week making for a very muddy ground meaning we were restricted to where we could take pictures. My favorite setting (by the barn) was so muddy that we stayed there for maybe 10 minutes before calling it quits. My daughter didn't want to participate in any of the poses we asked of her and then when we asked what she did want to do, she would shrug her shoulders. Needless to say, it wasn't the best photo shoot but everyone seems to love the pictures so I thought I'd share them here for anyone who may be reading this.

We're going to give the photo shoot another attempt sometime before the baby's born (we're due 7 weeks from today so fingers crossed we can fit one in!) We're hoping for dry ground and involving my daughter earlier in the day when she's in a better mood (we couldn't include her in this last shoot until after school.) Well without further ado, here are a few shots. They're saved off of Facebook so the quality of the image isn't that great.



















By the end of the day (pictures taken in the blue dress by the white fence) I was mentally and physically exhausted and ready to call it quits. I was over there working with my Mom from 10am until 6:30 in the evening. If anyone has tips on making a stubborn 6-year-old cooperate in photo shoots, we'd LOVE to hear them!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment