Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings

I'm a big fan of comfort foods and I'm an even bigger fan of all things "chicken & dumpling." I don't know why, I always have been. We've been experiencing record-high temperatures the last few days so I know most people want to stay away from comfort foods but this just recipe tastes so good, I had to make it anyway.


What you need:
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thawed)
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 (10 oz) cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 oz) can of chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, diced (or 1 tbs onion powder, which I used instead)
- 4 large flaky fridge biscuits (half a can, we used Grands** brand and used 5 instead of 4, just made the rest in the oven as normal)
** I do want to point out that most times Grands brand flaky biscuits come with a coupon so that you can save $0.30 on 3 cans, if you want to save a little bit.
 
What you do:
- Place thawed chicken in the crock pot. Add the butter, soup, broth and onions/onion powder. Cook on high 4-6 hours or on low for 8 hours. No stirring!
- Cut each uncooked biscuit into small pieces and stir into the mix. Continue to cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and shred with a fork. Return it to the crock pot, mix & serve :)


I can't express just how delicious we think this recipe is. I could eat it every single day to be honest. I love my Crockpot. The chicken always turns out so moist and shreds very easily. That being said, I will probably share a ton of various Crockpot recipes as I try them out. It's my first time owning one and I think it could easily replace my oven if I let it!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment