Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tissue paper pom-poms!


Since I'm far from crafty, I saw this idea on Pinterest and knew it was exactly what I wanted to do in the nursery. It was cheaper and looks far cuter than getting some sort of mobile to hang off the side of the crib and can still be used to decorate the room as she grows up.

I didn't anticipate creating a blog where I'd share my DIY projects or anything like that so I don't have step-by-step pictures to share. However, it's pretty easy and I followed a tutorial on Martha Stewart's website and you can access that same tutorial here.

I just bought my tissue paper from Target (1 pack of the larger dark pink and 1 pack each of the smaller white and two different lighter pinks which are only $0.99 each), used monofilament to hang them from the ceiling (we found that at Drug Mart) and bought the pre-made paper lanterns from our local craft store for $2.00 each.

Has anyone else used this tutorial/design anywhere in their home? For a birthday party? I'd love to see what others have done with it! 

This is extremely off-topic but if anyone out there is more experienced in blog layouts than I am (as you can see, I'm not experienced at all!) I could use a better/new layout. If you can help me out with that, I would love you forever. 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment