Friday, March 16, 2012

Hello & welcome to my blog.

I just wanted to start out by saying I'm not a blogger. I've started about a dozen blogs and abandoned them very quickly. I'm not quite sure why seeing as I'm active on other journaling websites and various social networks but an actual blog? I can't stick with it. This is my attempt to change that. This is my attempt to break outta that shell I've been living in. I think the biggest reason is because I feel like I don't have much to say - at least nothing the general public is interested in reading. However, you don't necessarily blog for everyone else. You do it for yourself, as an outlet and that's what I'm going to strive to do with this.

A little bit about me... in the event someone's actually reading this.

My name's Amanda and I'm going on 26 years young, just two months from today (I just now realized that, how exciting and scary!) I have a beautiful 6 year old little girl who calls me mama and I'm expecting my second daughter on May 10th (yes, right before my birthday!) I'm taken by a wonderful fella and we live with our two-year-old cat that we've named Nona (short for no-name, because we couldn't decide on a name for her.) We live in Northeast Ohio, just outside of Cleveland and I'm an avid Cleveland sports fan - Go Indians & Go Browns! I'll try not to bore y'all with sports-related posts. I wish I could say I've attempted and achieved a college degree but it hasn't been in the cards for me just yet. When the time comes and I can return to school, I'm planning to go for nursing or something else medical related. In the meantime, I'm employed full-time at my local Target store although I've been on leave due to my pregnancy for awhile now.

The title of my blog should say it all - The Faux Housewife. I'm no housewife but I like to pretend to be, haha. I love to cook - cooking doesn't love me. I love to craft - crafts don't love me. But I've been trying to keep it all up anyway because it's what I enjoy doing. I've never been good at cooking but recently my boyfriend and I moved into a new apartment together and I've become determined (mostly in thanks to Pinterest) to improve on all sorts of domesticated skills - especially cooking. We invested in a crock pot and I've fallen in love with it. It makes me look like I know what I'm doing without actually having to do anything! So my intention with this blog is to share recipes I've tried out or even created myself, share DIY projects I've tackled (failed attempts and successes!) and everything in between dealing with my girls, my relationship and my life.

Hopefully I don't bore y'all too much. And hopefully I manage to keep this little beauty active!
Thanks for taking the time to check it out :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment